Please Note:  The content of this guide has been updated and incorporated into the 2018 version of the How to Articulate Handbook. 

Please click here for the most current edition.

Receiving and Assigning an Articulation Request

Normally an articulation request is sent to the receiving institution's Institutional Contact Person (ICP) through the Transfer Credit Evaluation Service (TCES). The request includes a form completed by the sending institution and is accompanied by a course outline. The ICP reviews the request to determine which program or department has the disciplinary expertise to assess the request; the sending institution may have noted its preferred course equivalency or discipline on the request form. The ICP then directs the request to the appropriate program or department, or directly to a qualified faculty member for evaluation.

The components of a course outline that will assist institutions in assessing transfer credit requests are described in the section titled Learning Outcomes and Course Outlines.